Saturday, August 3, 2013

Lazy Girl Blog, Episode 2, Season 1: A NetChick Original

The Social Event of the Season
Tonight is the social event of the season in Orient. It's the Oysterponds Historical Society Summer Benefit. Bill Cunningham, get your derriere out east. I think I see him on the Long Island Expressway now, bicycle wheels pumping away in the HOV lane, blue workman's jacket flying in the wind.

The Orient Point School House serves
 as a museum and offices for the Oysterponds Historical Society.
The Summer Benefit will be held tonight in
Poquatuck Park in Orient Village.
We will celebrate the culture of creativity and
 support the mission of the OHS. There will
be local wines, signature cocktails, an abundant raw bar, 
an heirloom tomato bar and hors oeuvres.
This is the invitation to the Benefit. I did the drawing. It was quite a coincidence the way this came about. The Benefit Chairwoman was surfing the net for ideas for the benefit and came upon my post from Nice on Femme et Fleur. She liked my drawings and calligraphy. She saw my name, and realized that my sister, Jeanne Markel, is on the committee for the Benefit and designs the invitation. So she asked if I could do the illustration.
My sister, Susan, and her husband Rick will be arriving soon from Syracuse. She is attending the Benefit as well. After the party, this is what I am making for dinner. All the Markel siblings will be there.
As I mentioned yesterday, I had to organize the linen closet.
Here it is.

À Bientôt
Have a great night.
Tomorrow, Exclusive Pictures from
 the Social Event of the Season!


1 comment: